1/5 Vietnam Veterans
Chapter Membership Policies
1. The 1/5 Vietnam Veterans organization is an official “Unit Chapter” of the 1st Marine Division Association. Our stated purpose is to support the Association and their Scholarship Program, and to support our troops.
2. The 1/5 Vietnam Veterans publish a newsletter, The Fourragere, which is sent out three times a year to all those on our newsletter mailing list, free of charge. Our newsletter is our primary form of communication between our organization and over 1,200 Vietnam Veterans who served in the 1 st Battalion, 5 th Marines, as well as family members and friends. Newsletter issues include information about our annual reunions and other events of interest, stories that happened to 1/5 Vietnam Veterans during the war, and other stories about more current events.
3. Membership in the 1/5 Vietnam Veterans Unit Chapter is completely voluntary . You do not have to become a Chapter Member to continue receiving The Fourragere.
4. The only requirement for membership in the 1/5 Vietnam Veterans Unit Chapter is that the applicant must be a member of the 1st Marine Division Association. Applications for membership in the Association can be obtained in their magazine, The Old Breed News , or on-line at:
5. Chapter Membership can be obtained by completing an Application Form and submitting either Annual Dues ($25.00 per year) or one-time Life Membership Dues ($250.00). Applications for membership in the Chapter can be obtained in our newsletter, or on-line at:
Mail applications to:
1/5 Vietnam Veterans Unit Chapter
1st Marine Division Association
P. O. Box 2680
Hendersonville, NC 28793-2680